Megan Delaney

Megan Delaney

Tell us your job title and main responsibilities. How long have you worked here?

I am the administrative services assistant for the Department of Plant Science and Landscape Architecture. I am responsible for overseeing the main office, assisting the department head with administrative issues, and working with faculty, students and staff on everything from payroll to academics. I have been in PSLA since June of 2014.

Name one aspect of your work that you really like.

I really like working with our students, both undergraduates and graduates. I love the energy that students bring. None of us would be here without them–they are the lifeblood of the University.

Have you ever had another job at UConn?

Yes, prior to joining CAHNR I was the membership coordinator for the Connecticut State Museum of Natural History for almost 2 years. I started at UConn in September of 2012 after moving back to the east coast from San Diego.

Did your favorite class in high school/college prepare you for what you do now?

My favorite class in college was Homicide and Serial Killers, which, while incredibly interesting, was not particularly helpful for what I do now.

What do you like to do in your free time?

I love to craft–from cards and scrapbooks to blankets and scarves. I also love to roller skate and travel and I am an avid television and movie watcher.

Name your favorite Dairy Bar flavor.

I like to keep in simple–vanilla for me!

I used to play roller derby in my spare time but had to retire after numerous injuries. Also, my husband and I are crazy cat people and have two cats, a Ragdoll named Sookie (yes, after the main character in True Blood) and a special needs rescue cat named Snout.